Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

10 bolt diff cover

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 84k5, Nov 13, 2001.

1. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

The bottom part of the cover on my rear 10 bolt got bent up a bit from being dragged over a rock. It is leaking now, and I asume it needs to be replaced. Is there something a little thicker t prevet this, or are the stock ones just as good as any? Thanks.

Brian

2. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

If you really want to insure that this doesnt happen again, you might want to look into buying a diff cover from Steve Frisbie. They are I believe 3/16" thick plate thats formed into a cover. Basically its more than enough to prevent another leak. His site is www.mooffroadoutfitters.rockcrawler.com

82 K5, 6.2L Diesel, sm465, np205, 14 bolt welded, 8 lug 10 bolt lock right, 410 gears, 35" Mud Kings
    SPEAK SOFTLY AND DRIVE A BIG TRUCK

3. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

If the damage isn't too bad, you can flatten the bent lip by placing it on a good solid work bench(or a garage floor[​IMG]), laying a piece of 2x4 over top of it and giving it a couple of good whacks with a BFG. If you have access to a big bench vise, you can straighten it out with that.

<font color=blue> NEVER FORGET, NEVER FORGIVE, NEVER SURRENDER<font color=blue>