Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

10-bolt front dw?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by DuallyK5, Aug 21, 2006.

1. DuallyK5

DuallyK5 Registered Member

Apr 6, 2006
    I was wondering was there ever a DW Chevy 10-bolt front or is there anyway that someone knows for a fact that I can convert my Chevy 10-bolt front from a SW to a DW? I want to get a Dana 60 DW for the front of my dually blazer but I don’t have that kind of money right now. I was wondering if there was any possibility to convert it over to a DW front in an affordable way. I want to be able to match the rims just incase I get a flat in the woods I can just steal one of my back tires as a spare. I really want to get the DW Dana 60 but like I said that cant happen right now. I am just curious to see if this is possible. I heard it was from someone a while ago but who knows if he was correct.
  2. 1977k5

1977k5 3/4 ton status Vendor

May 26, 2003
    I'm pretty sure the answer is no. The only way to make it wider is to add wheel spacers. The problem with this is you are stressing the small wheel bearings even more.
  3. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

Jan 29, 2004
    best way to do it is to just get a 60. the balljoints on the 10b will be toast the wider/heavier you go