Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

10 bolt full time hub conversion question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Desert Rat, Apr 28, 2003.

1. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Ok, did a search and only found one thread on it. Maybe I'm using the wrong criteria. I have a 10 bolt up front in one of the 74 Blazers w/ the full time NP203. I wanted to put Warn premium hub locks in but according to the post I saw, not a good idea. Why is this? And, what do I need to do? Do I need to break down the NP203 and do the part time conversion as well? I really didn't want to mess with the TC, just keep from running the front hubs all the time. Can I put in the hubs and then just let the front driveshaft and axles keep turning, but not the hubs? Will this put excessive wear on the front bearings/hubs? I just wanted a bit more street driveability. I'm now wondering what the other Blazer I bought first had as a setup. It had a D44 up front w/ 8 lugs w/ Warn Premiums and a Corp14ff rear but still had the full time NP203 TC. Did the guy I bought it from Install Warn Premiums on the D44 and then just run it in Hi-Loc maybe? Or maybe I should just leave it full time four wheel drive since I'm going to sell it reasonably soon anyway? I though I might drive it for a bit before selling it.

2. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Warn says it's a bad idea to run in 4wd with the hubs unlocked, it can chew them up. You need to do the conversion to the NP203 case for it to be correct. If you don't want to, just drive around with the hubs locked.

3. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

That is what I'm hearing. I guess I'll just leave it and let the buyer decide what they want to do.