Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

10 bolt gear set question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mpascino, May 10, 2001.

1. mpascino

mpascino 1/2 ton status

A while back I bought a diesel burban for a daily driver... one of the upsides to it was newly rebuilt front and rearends. Shortly after I found out the morons put two different ratios in. My luck. Anyways, I have a ring and pinon from the front end of a 10 bolt with the correct ratio. Will this ring and pinion work in the rear of my burban? It is a ten bolt I am just not sure if there is a such thing as reverse cut on 10 bolt gears and that sort of stuff. Anyone have any ideas?
    Thanx

You call that dirty!?

2. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

I never heard about different ones but I am not sure .

- SlyDog [​IMG]

3. mpascino

mpascino 1/2 ton status

I know for a fact that some of the later dana 44 axles had a reverse cut on the front ends to make them wear better and be strong in the forward direction, just don't know about the corporate axles.....

You call that dirty!?

4. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Yes they will work. My reading comp is a little poor. But if you have the gears from a 10 bolt and want to put them in another 10 bolt they will work as long as they have the same carrier size.

Will work for beer, parts and tools.
    90-350TBI-TCI700-241-33"-10/12 bolt w/4.10's,
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com>http://www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com</A>