Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

10 bolt gears

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by skelly1, Jan 13, 2003.

1. skelly1

skelly1 1/2 ton status

How about an Auburn posi in the rear (that comes with a new carrier), and 4:27 gears front and rear? I've got 33's and 4" lift. When tires wear out, I'm gonna get 35's and make it 6" lift with combo of ORD rear shackle deal and new front springs, and whatever else it takes. My Blazer's got 30 spline.

2. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Hmmm...I hate to sound so cliche, and be such a downer, but don't put money into a 10 bolt. Especially in the way of a limited slip...that's a big $$$ mod and will have bad effects on the 10 bolt. I say go 3/4 ton axles with some 14 bolt beef out back. Then, put a detroit in it. All my opinion, however.
    Also, about gearing...run 4.56's if you've got the 700r4 with o.d. Otherwise 4.10's (4.27's don't sound like a very common gear ratio...are you sure they're offered for 10 bolts?)

3. skelly1

skelly1 1/2 ton status

Not positive on the gear ratio. I see your point. It's just such a dilemna, the 6 lug, 8 lug thing and all. Here's another option: Take the D44 out of the 72, put on blazer(since this year may have the flat top knuckles ripe for crossover), buy D60 for $500 and put into 72. Both are 8 lug. Find 14BFF and put into Blazer. Use 15" 8 lug wheels on Blazer. The D44 on the 72 has got to be beefy enough, and it's got a nice set of Spicers, and new brakes. Whaddaya think? Is 5 bills a good price for a complete D60? No plans to make the 72 crossover.