Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

10 bolt Gov-lock

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by DesertDueler, Nov 16, 2001.

1. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

I need a 10 bolt gov-lock for my burb. I pulled the rear cover off while I had it in the air replacing the tranny and the domino effect kept going. It has chipped side gears and top gear. Anyways I was looking to see if anyone has one they want to get rid of. I have 3.42 gears but any one will work from 3.08 and numerically higher. Thanks for your help Dan

86Jimmy 4"&35"MTRs,87 burb 4"&35"MT,69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>My vehicles</a>

2. Sorry, my Gov Loc took a complete dump last week. You would probably be better off changing to an aftermarket locker/limited slip. I haven't heard anything good about the Gov Loc.

God has a hard on for Marines, because we keep Heaven chock full of fresh souls!

3. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

4. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

I know about the lockrites, I have one in the front of my Jimmy. Iwas looking for one really cheap like free if possible. I am strapped for cash right now. I know they arent any good but I need to get it up and going.

86Jimmy 4"&35"MTRs,87 burb 4"&35"MT,69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>My vehicles</a>

5. 95 Silverado

95 Silverado 1/2 ton status

if your burb still has 28 spline axles, there are car posi units around that are easier to find than truck units. most are for 2 series carriers, use one with a ring gear spacer and it will be cheaper than buying a new unit.