Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

10 bolt inner axle seals.. where to buy?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by scrappy88, Jun 28, 2005.

1. scrappy88

scrappy88 1/2 ton status

I'm tearing into my front 10 bolt and replacing the ball joints, wheel bearings, etc. Since it's all apart this far I'd like to replace the inner axle seals and the spindle seals (the ones on the axle shaft). I know what needs to be done but I just need to locate the parts. I have been searching ck5 and the parts stores websites but can't find where to buy the seals. Autozone is of no help so far. I really need these quickly, as I need to have it put back together within a few days. Thanks!!

Steve

2. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

I know for a fact we stock like 6 of them at the Napa where I work. sent you a PM

3. CyberSniper

CyberSniper 1/2 ton status Premium Member

The one in by the carrier is usually called "inner hub seal" and the large one that goes on the bearing hub that seals on the spindle is called the "outer hub seal". The inner one costs like $8/each and the outer one costs like $4.50/each.

The seal that goes between the axleshaft and the spindle is expensive (and there is also the "slinger" or "butterfly" seal). You can get this as a kit for $3-4. Federal Mogul's part number is SBK1. I can get Spicer's kit later (even cheaper).

4. scrappy88

scrappy88 1/2 ton status

Ok got the part numbers from Chris

Napa numbers
    inner axle seal: 13165
    spindle kit (including the bearing and seals): BK1

Thanks guys!