Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

10 bolt rear disc?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stizkidz, Jun 21, 2005.

1. stizkidz

stizkidz 1/2 ton status

I told a friend that I would ask the following question: Which manufacturers or vendors sell disc brake kits for rear 10 bolts? I already suggested that he run something beefier than a 10 bolt but he insisted that he already spent $1500 on the 5 lug wheels which fit these axles so, the 10 bolt must stay. So, who makes a rear 10 bolt disc brake kit?

2. 3rdshiftdesign

3rdshiftdesign 1/2 ton status

3. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yeah, these guys will bend over backwards to help ya!!!

4. Rolled

Rolled 1/2 ton status

You could just get aftermarket brackets on Ebay and buy the other parts at Pep Girls or the Junk Yard...

5. ratzila

ratzila 1/2 ton status

6. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

At the risk of getting myself in trouble.... I'll chime in here.

First off, thanks for the good words guys! We really appreciate it!

I part own Black Widow Performance. Yes we do sell a complete 10B disc kit, or you can buy it in stages. The reason for the price of the first kit is that the rotors are special machined to slide over your wheel studs, just like the design on the front of a disc brake car. You do have to remove your axle shafts to remove all the stock hardward, but you do not have to press your studs out of the shafts. It makes for a very easy swap. Most other kits that I have seen require you to press out yourt wheel studs and mount the rotor on the back side of the axle flange. Our design elminiates that. We are running this design on several trucks. I fact, I run it on my blazer 12B rear and I have had no issues. I installed it approx. 6 months ago and it still works perfect.

And yes, we will do our best to help you out in any way possible! :cool1:

Also, right now, we are offering free shipping through the end of the month. That works out to a bigger discount than if we were to offer the standard 10% off to CK5 members. :thumb:

7. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

Oh why not... I will throw in my .02 here... I run the BWP rear kit on my 1st gen and absolutely love it... but then again, I designed most of it, so I am probably a little bias.

However, if you (anyone) are unsure about the BWP custom kit, you can also buy a WilWood kit through us as we are a WilWood distributor...

-Ryan

8. stizkidz

stizkidz 1/2 ton status

Since this is going to be done to a 2wd truck, he needs 5 lug rotors. Does anyone sell just the brackets and spacers so he doesn't have to buy 6 lug rotors that he cannot use???

9. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Drop us an e-mail. We can help you out. The 6 lug rotors in the picture are for the 4WD application. The 2WD application is the same, only a 5 lug rotor.