Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

10 BOLT REAR END

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bdavis, Oct 27, 2000.

1. bdavis

bdavis Newbie

I HAVE A 10 BOLT REAR END ON MY 1987 BLAZER. I AM LOOKING FOR A REPLACEMENT BUT DON'T KNOW HOW TO ASK FOR WHAT I NEED. CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT I MAY POSSIBLY HAVE. ALSO ARE 1987 THRU 1990 REARENDS INTERCHANABLE?

2. archer

archer 1/2 ton status

If you want something more durable to swap your 10 bolt for, most people look for Dana 60 rear ends. And if you really want to get carried away, a gm 14 bolt. Both of which require a certain amount of work to fit, but it's not bad and well worth the results. Look under 3/4 ton chevy trucks and vans. I think the Danas are mostly in larger Dodge trucks and vans.

"who dares wins"

3. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>The 14 full-float rears that came in 73-87 3/4 ton trucks will bolt up under your truck. All you need is a hybrid u-joint, bigger u-bolts, 15" 8 lug wheels and you need to change the front to 8 lug then grind the calipers to fit the 15s.</font color=blue>