Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

10 bolt rear in Arizona

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by MaxPF, Apr 21, 2006.

1. MaxPF

MaxPF 1/2 ton status

The title says it all. I am looking for an 89-up 10 bolt (30 spline). I will consider an earlier 28 spline if that is what you have, or a 12 bolt. I will consider one outside of AZ depending in cost to ship, but I would prefer to just pick it up.

TIA,
    Greg

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

What gear ratio do you need ?

Moose has a 12 bolt stock cheap I was hoping to score for parts .

Have you looked in the for sale forum ?

Lots of these sitting around town .

I have mine in parts . Two good 10 bolt REAR housings . 10 bolt carrier needs re-welded , 10 bolt 28 spline Gov Loc . And various other components if you just need a part .

3. MaxPF

MaxPF 1/2 ton status

Gear ratio doesn't matter - it's going to get a Superior R&P set. I looked in the FS section, but any suitable listings were pretty old and appeared to be already spoken for.

Hmm :thinking: I'll take a 28 spline if the price is right, since I can always swap in a 30 spline carrier and axles. How much for a good rebuildable housing and the associated parts, including brakes?

4. pauly383

I have a housing with a blown Gov Loc sitting here handy . Has brakes , missing a few springs from being moved to my home .

So you would have to buy at least a hardware kit at the Zone .

I just have to take the ring and pinion out , it has 4.56 which is why I got it .

I don't want it , it would just end up being unused housing # 3 for me :thumb:

This housing with most of the brakes , and the brake hardlines , a s44 yoke , would be FREE .

Although its usually appropriate to bring Bud Light anyway when someone gives something away :deal:

5. MaxPF

MaxPF 1/2 ton status

I think that sounds like a mighty fine bargain! :woot: Shoot me an email or PM letting me know where and when you want me to pick it up, and I'll be there with some frosty cold ones :thumb:

6. pauly383

I'll PM ya when the blown carrier comes out . Will try tommorrow , but I know I have a lunch with my sister in-law so I may not do it until next week .

7. MaxPF

MaxPF 1/2 ton status

Sounds like a plan :saweet: