Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

10 Bolt superior shafts

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by zcarczar, May 12, 2004.

1. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Im debating on building a new front axle or going with superior/CTM combo in the front of my truck if I start breaking shafts and joints. So do they make 30 spline 10 bolt shafts for the front? Or do I have to custom order them?

Thanks

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

30 spl. 10 bolts will probably be a special order but they shouldn't be a big deal since they roll splines for 30 spl rears fairly often.
    If you want to go to a 30 spline inner, I'd consider finding a D44 to start with, that way if you have any problems, you can at least find factory inners to swap in. I don't know if you have a front locker yet but if not a D44 center section swap might be wise.

3. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Hmmm, Thanks Stephen. Right now I have 4.88's and an ARB in the front. I do have 2.5 sets of stock 30 spline shafts for my truck, but if I start breaking its either spend the money to build my custom 9" axle or beef the 10 bolt. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif