Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

10 bolt to 12 bolt swap

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Rustbucket, May 22, 2004.

1. Rustbucket

Rustbucket Registered Member

I just swapped in a 12 bolt into my 91 blazer and the rear u-joint is to big for the yoke on the axle. Is there a conversion joint for this? and if so do you know the part number or any other info that may be useful to me? I know I should have searched but it's late and I've got to get some sleep. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

2. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Yes, there is a conversion u-joint, and they sell it at NAPA. There are actually two different conversion u-joints, I dont remember the part number for one, but I know one is NAPA part number 447. Only thing is that they cost like $29. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    -Harrison

3. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I can't help much but I can tell you that #447 is for going from a 10B to a 1350 14BFF yoke.

4. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

I got part # 3130 from autozone, get the PDQ one, it is greasable. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif