Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

10 bolt to 12 bolt?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Jersey, Aug 23, 2001.

1. Jersey

Jersey 1/2 ton status

So, i did my u-joint last night which smoothed the slight vibration i had but found out my axle is wooped! probably caused the u-joint problem. backlash city. I was looking into wheel spacers recently because i wanted the rear track to be as wide as the front 10 bolt (3 inch difference) but now it sounds the right way to go is to take the $130 i was going to spend on spacers and put it towards a 12 bolt, instead of another 10. I know the 14 is a stronger axle but it would be too much $$ for me right now to change everything over and i really don't hammer the truck to begin with. I read on this board to look for a 12bolt out of a chevy/gmc van - sounds like it should be the same width as my front 10b and stronger but i need to know what to look for, if someone can shed some light for me. Like, what years, makes, models? also, will the spring perches line up and what other mods will i have to do to install? Any help is appreciated.

'91K5, 350, 700r4, NP241

- Jersey

2. flblazer

flblazer 1/2 ton status

i have a 1o up frnt an a 12 bolt in the back out of a 79 pickup all i did was put it in thats all plus now i have 35s its eazy to do ask wes

can some 1 find me a ford i need to take a pee still peein on that ford just have to keep goin dam i can not stop pissin:) k5s kings