Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

10 bolt to 14 S.F. PB cables?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by chevyjeff, Jul 12, 2004.

1. chevyjeff

chevyjeff 1/2 ton status

Any one got a part # or truck model that I could use to get some parking brake cables that will work on my blazer to match the 14 bolt S.F. I swapped this in place of my old 10 bolt and the cables are too short. Thinking either a 454 SS that had a 14 SF or modifying the ones that came out of the 87 3/4 ton truck or if cables from a blazer w/ a 12 bolt would work.

2. lazerus

lazerus Registered Member

I put a '85 14SF on my 83k5; ran into the same problem. I used my 10 bolt cables that fit into the backing plates and just lengthened the piece of wire cable that connects the backing plate pieces to the 'puller thingy'. It is 1/8" wire cable, very inexpensive.
    You just need to be sure to have a way to securley put the 'stoppers' on the ends of the cable.
    Hope this makes sense, not sure what the parts are really called.

3. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

give the boys at six states, in SLC ut a call, they made cables for me that let me hook up my stock chevy stuff to my ford D60 w/drums, only $30.00 each /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. chevyjeff

chevyjeff 1/2 ton status

Lazerus If I understand you right, you kept the outer p.b. cable housing as stock than ran a new longer inside cable with new stopper ends pressed on? Second the cables on your 83 were they run in parallel to a bracket or were they running on seperate sides of the blazer.

5. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

take the length of your cable that you need.to the parts store and ask to see they're reybestos book.that is where im getting my new cables.

6. lazerus

lazerus Registered Member

Starting at the backing plates and going forward my pb cables run along the inside of the frame and the passenger side crosses over just before the xfer case. From a top view the cable would be in a 'U' shape, all one peice. It is all open cable, except for about the first 2 feet out of the backing plate- the cable here is in a metal cable sheild. When the The cables end just out of the sheilds, there are some connectors to connect them to the main 'U' cable. I bought a longer piece of cable for the 'U'.
    I am not sure what years did what, but at some point they have a little different set up where the pass side cable crosses over at the diff and they both run up the driver side frame rail.
    Again, hope this makes sense to ya! I dont have a way to get you a pic or I would.