Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

10 bolt to 60 crossover steering

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by shaun, Oct 13, 2004.

1. shaun

shaun 1/2 ton status

I just swapped to crossover on my 10 bolt a week agao and now I have a 60. Will the tierod and draglink swap over. I know I need a new steering arm and install kit. Does the 60 passenger knuckle have to milled drilled and tapped? Will the spring perches align. My jimmy is a 90 and so is the 60. Does this make a difference? What should I know when swapping a 3/4 ton 10 bolt out for a dana 60? /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

60 will swap right in, need u bolts and springplates for the 60 of course. Spring perches are the same. Passenger side kinpin is held on with a cap, steering arm replaces that cap. Means no milling, drilling, or tapping. Woohoo. As for your crossover, I'm pretty certain it should just swap over. Of course will require TRE end adjustment. Heck your brakelines will swap right over the 60 even /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif oh and you could search and find all this /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

3. shaun

shaun 1/2 ton status

thanks sled dog i appreciate all the info