Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

10 bolt to D60??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by DesertDueler, Aug 18, 2001.

1. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

What steering arm and pitman arm do i need to convert from a 10 bolt to a Dana 60 in my 86 blazer? Also where can I get them?

86 Blazer 4"lift 35" MTRs locked front, still 1/2 ton axles.Other vehicles 69 Firebird with 525 hp,and a 70 GTO www.geocities.com/modifierperformance<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by DesertDueler on 08/18/01 04:19 PM.</FONT></P>

2. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

A Dana 60 does not have a steering arm like a 10 bolt. What you need is a lift block and the best price I found was $69.95 from National Tire and Wheel.

<font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails<font color=blue>

3. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

So the lift block will work with the rest of my steering pieces?

86 Blazer 4"lift 35" MTRs locked front, still 1/2 ton axles.Other vehicles 69 Firebird with 525 hp,and a 70 GTO www.geocities.com/modifierperformance

4. TheGeneral

TheGeneral 1/2 ton status

I'm not sure if wayne will agree, but instead of spendin the 70 plus shipping, why not do the switch to crossover steering. You can get a 2wd box from yard for about 35, then several places make the tie rod (new drag link), pitman arm, and steering block. Rock Stomper and ORD, ORU makes a kit too, but pretty pricey. The others go for about 400-500. If you are good at metal fab or someone you know, they can probably make the drag link, get ends from local store. The pitman arm and steering block are highly mod by experimentation pieces, so I wouldn't try to fab them.

If you ain't hurt, you ain't playin' hard enough.

The General