Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

10 bolts ??s

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 03jeep, May 15, 2005.

1. 03jeep

03jeep Registered Member

I just bought an 89 K-5 Blazer. The plan is to put a 6" lift with some 35s. Right now it has 10 bolts front and rear. The previous owner put Warn Manual Hubs on it which I like. My question is, can I run the 35s for a while on the 10 bolts?? I believe gearing is 3:42 right now. The truck is a daily driver so it wont be seeing any offroading right now. Down the road I will be swapping axles and all. Also, can I put 4:56s in the 10 bolts?? Or would that be a waste to do, since I will eventually be swapping axles eventually anyways. I dont drive but like 10 miles a day round trip so the gas mileage isnt that big of a concern right now. Thanks DJ

2. down4thakrown

down4thakrown 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

it'll be alright for now considering you atleast have 3.42's with an overdrive tranny and u dont drive it hard or far. hold off on the gears until u get the 14 blt under there with maybe a locker or welded. you dont wanna break an rear 10blt shaft on the trail. the front should be fine unless your the type that uses momentum to get up or through stuff. :thumb:

3. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    I got by for a long time with 10B & 38.5's.
    You just need to treat it like you have glass axles.
    No hopping on bumps and don't lock the thing up.
    Also, don't waste your money on the gears unless you just have
    money to burn. Save it towards the one ton stuff.

4. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

LOL, I like that. But it's the truth. My wifes truck has 35's on her 10 bolts. But she just street drives anyways. The closest she gets to off roading is the dirt trail to camp. Thats it!! I also am swapping in 4.10's. Her 3.08s' just don't do it for me. She doesn't seem to mind. I just don't want to burn up another tranny!