Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

10 days.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, Apr 20, 2006.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

10 days till I move. I can't even begin too tell you how happy I am too be moving back to Omaha. I've made a few friends up here I'm going too miss, and it is quite nice around here. But I have been getting home sick. Omaha is home in my heart. And the job offer couldn't have came at a better time.

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

You know, if Dave Dudley hadn't forked over the cash at the truck stop, he'd been on the road for 10 days.......................

3. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Good luck dude, congrats!

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Get off the 'puter and start packing boxes! ;) It's gonna take longer than you think. :yikes:

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Over 1/2 the house is already packed up. Just a few small items left then the big stuff.

6. HarryH3

Damn! I wish I could say that! We've been packing for a week now and still have a LOT of stuff to pack. It's amazing how much "stuff" you accumulate in a 4500 square foot house with a 3 car garage. :yikes: The 2 kids somehow account for quite a bit of the extra stuff we have these days. ;) Then there's the big kid (me) and all the stuff I have crammed into the garage. :rolleyes:

7. MattK

MattK 1/2 ton status

where ya gonna be workin?

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

But I'm only in a 14x64 2 bdr trailer home. We've thrown out alot of stuff, and will throw out a few more items.

9. koldsimer

koldsimer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Good luck man. Always nice to be back home.

10. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

GOOD FOR YOU BROTHER!!!:D

11. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

One word.........Ebay. It saves a lot of packing. Cash is a lot easier to carry than "Stuff"

12. HarryH3

Then I would just have to pack each item into its own box and drag it to FedEx. ;) Then later I'd just have to buy it all back again. :D

13. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Thats what I was just thinking. Got a beter word for you - Trash. THrow it out. we just moved a couple of months ago ad it sems like half of the stuff in the house was just trash.

Congrats on the move, call the cable company now.....

14. HarryH3

All of the trash stuff was already tossed and lots of good stuff that we don't use any more went to Goodwill. I've taken 2 PC's and a large box full of old PC motherboards and parts to the recyclers and still have 3 desktops, a 17 inch monitor, two 21 inch monitors, and a couple of laptops left. A desk, file cabinet and a large worktable in the office... Ugh!

I'm just amazed at how much is left... The house is just large by huge, so there is just tons of furniture and the like. For example, we have 5, yep FIVE freakin' sofas and a love seat! :yikes: Two sofas in the den, two in the formal living room, and a sofa and loveseat in the gameroom. Of course there's also the table, chairs, china hutch, and server in the dining room, along with the table and chairs in the breakfast area. :doah: When I was single I could load most of what I owned into my K5 and hit the road. Now it takes a tractor trailer to move us... :o

I guess that old adage that your stuff expands to fit the available space is true... :rolleyes:

15. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I reminded my wife that when I graduated college my friends and I had a party where we literally tore up al of the furniture and put it on the curb. Probably paid $50 for all of it 2 years before, it was all junk. I then packed my RX-7 and left.:D I feel your pain.

16. HarryH3

That reminds me of a move I did from Dallas to Florida around 1978. I packed EVERYTHING that I owned into a 1970 Nova. Every cubic inch of that car had stuff tucked into it! Under the seats, on the floors, ALL of the trunk (I even remembered to FIRST remove the spare tire and loaded it back in last ;) ) and the seats were piled up level with the headrests. :shocked: The only space left in the car was just barely enough room for me to get in and drive. Once I had the car full, I discovered that the back tires rubbed on every bump in the road. I had to go have a set of air shocks installed to level the car back out. :cool1: Ahh, those were the days!

17. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Everything included..

The trend here now is to sell your house,land,and everything in the house and yard is included for the most part...since house prices shot up to the 300,000 dollar and up range here (mostly UP!),the folks moving out are making huge profits..one neighbor who lived a few houses away sold it for 380,000 bucks..he paid 60,000 for it in the late 70's!...he left nearly ALL the furniture,washer-dryer,and everything else he accumulated..figured he's got enough cash to just buy new stuff for his next home in FL,rather than drag "old" appliances and furniture 1500 miles from here..

If you have the right connections,there is a TON of stuff that the new owners will gladly GIVE away,or even PAY to have removed..it helps to know real estate dealers...I know one guy who does "clean-outs"...he recently scored an engine crane,stand,floor jacks,and a table saw and drill press for free..a rich doctor moved in a house he'd bought,and had "no use" for the tools..and didn't feel like moving them to the landfill himself!..:eek1:

You'd peuke if you saw some of the things that get scrapped here because of this..including some desireable cars and trucks left sitting in the houses,garages,and yards of houses for sale after the house sells..the new yuppie millionaires moving in would rather see them crushed ,than give or sell them to someone who wants them..:mad: ..disgusts me to no end to see good stuff wasted like that..:(

18. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

By this time next week I'll be one the road. :D 80% of the house is boxed up, 16 foot truck is reserved, Everything is prepped for the move. Oh heck yes, I'm ready !!!!!