Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

10" front springs?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by blazerpro79, Feb 28, 2005.

1. blazerpro79

blazerpro79 1/2 ton status

hey does anyone have know of a site that sells 10" leaf springs for k5s? i have a 79 and want to go with a 10" front, i have a 6" lift now, so i dont want to buy the whole kit... im actually probably gonna put a 10" spring w/ 1 inch zero rate bc i want 10 out back and 11 up front. thanks

2. blazerpro79

im guessing superlift or skyjacker are probably my only hope for a quality ride that high huh

3. muddyblzr

muddyblzr 1/2 ton status

i dont know of any other companies that sell them that big. quality ride ended at about 6" i think haha. sounds like a cool truck i was gonna do 9 and 38's on my k5 but i deceieded to just go to 35-36 biggest tire

4. blazerpro79

im probably gonna build a trail rig sooner or later... i dont want a fullsize for that... i want my k5 to be basically a daily driver/street rig that can perform well offroad...

5. AkMudr

AkMudr 1/2 ton status

I hope you dont think yer gonna get any decent ride out of 10" springs, it'll feel like crap. Superlift goes up to 12" for there fullsizes, my guess would be they make somethin for a K5, IIRC skyjacker stopped at 8" but dont quote me on that.

I'm doin 8" on my truck and I already know its gonna ride like ****, but I didnt build my truck for ride, if that was the case I woulda bougth a cadillac.

Give Atlas spring a call, they make custom springs and you can a good ride out of them

6. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I would take in consideration the Driveshaft angle issues before going up that high.

7. AkMudr

AkMudr 1/2 ton status

Another good point.

8. blazerpro79

ya i know... i have a tcase drop and shims... and i had it lengthened for a 6" lift.... but now im gonna bring it back to the same guy and have him relengthen and throw a cv setup on there.... thanks for the advise though... anyone know where i might be able to buy a spring only thats that big? thanks

9. short sub

short sub Registered Member

hi- im actually running superlift 12" on the front- it rides fairly decent but its on 40 boggers and im sure they absorb alotta shock. i also just spent 700$ on a high angle driveshaft from jesse to handle its angle- even with dual t cases its still very steep so on a blazer youll be pushing the limits man. but to answer your question superlift will make any lift up to 12" lata ryan.

10. AkMudr

AkMudr 1/2 ton status

The operating angle from a 6" lift is gonna be alot different with a 10" You might need to upgrade to a high angle shaft. I have run into a few chevy guys who thought there stock shafts wouldnt bind with a big lift, well they did.

11. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I know you're looking for 10" springs but if you decide to go with something a little shorter i have a brand new set of 8" superlift front springs i could sell you. PM me if your interested, these would be about half of buying them new through a store. :thumb:

12. ilikeitloud

ilikeitloud 1/2 ton status

**pix of my rig on 6" & 42s

[​IMG]
    thats waitin to go in this.....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]