Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

10 inches of lift and 42s

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MudFlap, Feb 10, 2003.

1. MudFlap

MudFlap 1/2 ton status

I am planning on wheeling with 38 or 39 inch tires. But the thought crossed my mind to drive the truck with 42's and put smaller tires on it whenever I wheel it.

So my question is, with no fender trimming and 10 inches of lift can I fit 42s? The 42s will only be for on-road purposes.

Thanks

Trey

2. NOT4SHW

NOT4SHW Guest

I would have to say no! If you even go over a speed bump too fast they'll probably rub. I ran 39.5's with 3" body lift, 8" springs, 3" front shackles and 2 1/2" rear flip kit. I offroaded mine and without fender triming they would still rub. You can use this as a guide because all trucks sit and ride differently.

3. MudFlap

MudFlap 1/2 ton status

After thinking about it I think that I will trim.

4. 98sub454

98sub454 Registered Member

i have 10" and 40s and the tires clear very well. i would say you could pull off driving on the street with 42s with minor rubbing. how about you just trim and run them off road as well /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif