Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

10 Point S&W cage pics

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by JeffHK5, Nov 29, 2006.

1. JeffHK5

JeffHK5 1/2 ton status

Looking for a pic or two of the S&W Race cars 10 point K5 cage. Did a search with little info turning up.

Thanks, Jeff

2. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

I dont have a pic, but when I ordered a cage from them (10 pt.) it came with basic instructions and several pics.
    -Harrison

3. muddermilitia

muddermilitia ThatTrazerGuy GMOTM Winner

I ordered their kit and installed most of it this summer. Right now it's a 6-point cage. I still have to add the door bars and dash bar. I was in a hurry to get the truck ready for a trip so I will install the rest next spring. Here's some pics I got of it during installation and after paitning it. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It went together pretty easily, there was a little fab work (modifying the notches so the tubes fit together better) But I was pretty happy with the outcome. Although the seat was a little more forward than I would have liked(because of the back bar) but I plan on installing some Summit buckets so maybe I can put the seat farther back.

Oh and don't forget to order some rollbar padding, I've already hit my head twice:doah:

4. JeffHK5

JeffHK5 1/2 ton status

Thanks, for info and pics, sounds like fit and quality are pretty good. I'm looking for a starting point to build a cage in my K5 , ya know some of there original tube and some custom touches.

Jeff

5. muddermilitia

muddermilitia ThatTrazerGuy GMOTM Winner

Yea Im planning on doing the same thing. later im going to add two tubes going from front to rear on the roof hoop so i have a place to mount my CB and maybe a switch panel. Im also going to make a center console to mount a B&M ratchet shifter

6. blazd88

blazd88 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]
    10 point family cage ended up addind a few otheres after this shot. Ill end up changing the frnt due to my highth.