Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

10 to 14

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BLZN4FN, Jan 20, 2003.

1. BLZN4FN

BLZN4FN 1/2 ton status

Ok I did a search but did find a lot of great info.
    But kinda lost still I'm getting ready to put a 6"
    lift on the new toy. Do you need to leighten or have the drive
    shaft made shorten? I know it depends on the truck but on
    a average what do you need to do. I'm also going 3/4 10 bolt
    for now till I find a D60 when I do find one do I need to do the same for the ft shaft?
    Thanks,
    Bo

2. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

I think, if you've already had the driveshaft lengthened, you're going to have to shorten it. Are you putting in a full floater or a semi-floater?
    I've tried to ask the same thing about putting in a semi-floater, haven't gotten much, just gonna try it and see.

3. Mudstud

Mudstud 1/2 ton status

If you are talking about the rear shaft, you will be fine for awhile on the stock one. I found out by accident that they make the female part of the slip yoke in different lengths. After a u-joint toasted my stock slipyoke (female end) I found another one that fit that was about 1" longer. Cost $30. My truck is lifted 6" and USED to have the slip yoke splines showing but after putting on the new longer yoke they stay inside the slip yoke. Hope this answers your question. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif