Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

$100 for this... no way...

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by 55Willy, Jun 16, 2002.

1. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I have cash,LOL.
    Anyways this guy came in that i went to school with and he asked if I still had my other burb( my dads that I drove to school)
    I said Nope just got rid of it. after some BS was swapped back and forth. Turns out he has a 87 burb with overdrive, tilt wheel, a/c tinted windows..blah blah blha... NO MOTOR for $100 with title, does need front fenders though... but for that price is it worth the hassle of getting a motor and stuff? I'm sure it will need either to be a carbed engine or rewire the TBI if I get a TBI set up, since i know the harness was not removed in the best fasion.LMAO.

$100 bucks!!!!
    ME WANTS
    round up some 3/4 ton axles.. drop my brothers motor in it, 6" lift and 36" /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

2. holyjohnson

holyjohnson Registered Member

i would say thats an investment you cant afford to pass up.
    the o.d. tranny is worth way more then that price (the rear tinted glass is worth more then $100)and there are always people here selling and buying parts.
    if your going to make it a driver look into emissions and how clean the title is before you spend a lot on motor and body.but then again im jealous /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif sounds like a deal no matter what.
    good luck

3. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Yeah I know, I'm waiting for him to come back in so I can get an address so I can go look at it. He needs it gone.

/forums/images/icons/smile.gif
    PS it's for my friend Frank so we can get hom started in the world of trucks /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

4. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

Cool find. the Tinted glass in it is worth a double crapload... UNTINTED rear windows cost along the lines of 200-300 EACH from junkers, and the factory deep tinted ones quite a bit more. if the harness is trashed, you can probably get a new one from painless Wireing for 150-200 bucks, and engines are generaly pretty easy to come across. if you're still looking around the time of Blazer bash, I might have either a spare 350 or 454 sitting around ( 73 vintage, but shouldn't be too hard to make it work with emissions) and I also have an almost complete 73 parts suburban sitting around....

-Rich

5. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

hell yea if its only missing the engine!! the whole drive train is worth at LEAST a good 500!...you know how good the body is like if theres any major rust?

Bryan