Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

102" stainless whip mount ideas?

Discussion in 'Communication (CB | GPS | HAM)' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Oct 30, 2001.

102\" stainless whip mount ideas?

I would like to mount my 102" stainless whip on the rear bumper, but I would like to see other member's pics of how they mounted their CB antenna. Should I just mount it directly to the top of the factory chrome bumper.

Thanks,
    Doug

4 wheelin's not a job, it's an adventure!

1. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Re: 102\" stainless whip mount ideas?

My 102 inch whip is mounted on a shelf in the garage. [​IMG] I got tired of it whipping the crap out of my truck on 4WD trails and installed a short fiberglass antenna instead. [​IMG]

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck>www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck</a>
    It's a great day to be alive...

2. bee32

bee32 1/2 ton status

I have mine mounted on the drivers side of the rear bumper(stock) I will see about getting a pic on tonight maybe. It does whip around a bit and it can get annoying.

Brian
    83 K-5 4" on 35's

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

mine is mounted on the passenger front bumper i only use it when i go to the sand dunes though and a 5' fiberglass on the trails

wheeling videoshttp://community.webshots.com/user/ssmith6333

4. bowtie4466

bowtie4466 Registered Member

I mounted my whip on the passenger side rear bumper. I used a "L" shaped antenna mount bracket from Radio Shack and just bolted it directly to the bumper. I bolted it onto the side part after it curves around, so its technically on the side. It rarely ever hits the blazer itself, but it does hit everything else. I can't complain though. Let me know if you want to see a picture - I might have one.

5. Re: 102

I mounted mine on the passenger side on the rear (after it curves around) and also used the mount from Radio Shack. I drilled the mounting holes through the black rubber on the bumper to get the mount farther away from the body. One thing I added is a coil spring (Radio Shack) that sits between the mount and the antenna. It gives it flex and helps keep the antenna from getting bent. It has never hit the body of the truck! I use a 102" when out in the woods and a shorter one around town. I have some pictures if you're interested.

6. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

Re: 102

can i have a pic and how much did all that cost and how much of a pain if any was it to install. i want a c.b. i'm looking at a good set up c.b that is fairly cheap if that is possible. and my email addy is k5ntexas@hotmail.com to send the pic if you would. thanx. later.

jacob

what is that low rider doing under my k5?
    wow nice lil jap car. whats it good for?

7. Re: 102

You should have the pics in your email.

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'm planning on getting a roof light bar. I'm going to mount my 102 on it.

9. Highlander

Highlander 1/2 ton status

I hope your saying that in jest.
    But if your not I hope you live in a town with no street lights or power lines that run over the street.

Eric

10. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Didn't have a problem with the one on my last Blazer. Could always tie it down if needed to.

11. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

uhhh yeah you might wanna tie that down pretty low... I had my 100" whip mounted on the rear panel, about 6 inches down from the bottom of the top... Don't know how high up the top was, but without it tied down it whacked trees all over the place, but it does make a cool sound when the antenna slides over the light covers at the McD's and bank drive throughs /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

12. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I always put the 102" on a pot-belly spring. It seems that the more you wack them on things, the better they work.