Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

105'' wheelbase longbed

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sams78chevy, Nov 15, 2005.

1. sams78chevy

sams78chevy Registered Member

Yeah I went through with my plan to take my longbed with a wheelbase of somewhere around 130? and take it to 105. With the help of my buddy who had already done it on his '74 to 103'' we knocked it out in about 2 hours all i have to do now is find a drive shaft and i think i will be able to use a front one out of a suburban brake lines and fuel lines. I am really happy with the way it turned out, it looks bitchen too.

78 chevy shortended 350/350/203 3/4t 38.5'' boggers black steelies, full interior cage soon.

2. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

just curious why you went so short?

i jsut stretched my blazer to 112" cuz i thought 105 (or whatever stock is) was too short....

got any pics of your rig./

3. sams78chevy

No pics right now but soon I went that short so I wouldn't have a problem hitting my mile long drive shaft when I went over stuff and also I wont have as much of a problem getting high centered.

4. sams78chevy

Actually i have a couple of pictures on my myspace accound before i shortened it. my user name there is 78chevybatch@myspace.com.

5. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

tried to find your profile on there... but it wouldnt work.... you sure thats the name?.

6. crazyhole812

crazyhole812 1/2 ton status

i am thinking i will shorten my 3/4 ton next winter. i was thinking around 118 or so. i already bobbed the rear overhang 10" i cut the section out of the bed too so i still have my tailgate and cut the front end back to suck in the bumper. get some pictures up. did you box the frame where you rejoined? let's hear the details

7. sams78chevy

I didnt need to box the frame because i moved the axle forwards and then cut the excess off. And no i dont think that is my user name on myspace but i will find out then repost.

8. sams78chevy

my user name is sam78chevybatch