Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

$108 D60, and other reasons I love 1/2 price pick n pull weekends...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mofugly13, Aug 30, 2004.

1. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

Well, it is a Ford HP d60, so it's not all THAT great /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    I also got 8 lug parts for my front axle (hubs, rotors, spindles, caliper brackets and calipers)
    An AC compressor of the type that was recently discussed here-not exactly a YORK, but it does have a separate oil reservoir (I saw it and figgered "what the hell" ~$25)
    100A alternator
    U-joint steering shaft from a cherokee, I'll let you all know if it's a straight bolt in or not.
    A drivers side battery tray
    A 15x10" steel rim to mount my spare on.

Besides the axle, which was $108, everything else cost me $200, with about $50 coming back if I can round up some useless cores, not likely.

I'm hoping to be able to trade the ford HP d60 for a chevy d60. It's in real nice shape, came from an '85 f350 diesel. While I was pulling the axle, a dude came up to me and told me how sweet it was that I scored the axle. He was like "NICE swoop, dude!" I said "HELL YEA!" We bs'd a bit and he let me borrow his pickle fork so I could get the drag link with it. Later after I loaded up the axle and was cruising the yard for whatever else I might want, I ran into him again, he was pulling another HP d60 out of a '79 ford, so he was pretty stoked now, too. Thing is, we both have chevy's. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif I told him I was gonna look to sell or trade it so I could score a chevy d60 and he goes on to tell me about pirate. I told him I go on pirate from time to time. It's cool running into another cool four wheeler, especially at the pick n pull in Oakland. GAWD, what an armpit that town is.

I also must give major props to my girlfriend, who, after the axle was up on the cherry picker, wheeled it all the way to the front, paid for it, and had the dudes that work there load it up into my K5 for me, all while I was out scouring for more parts! She was also a star at pulling parts from different vehicles for me while I was on other trucks. For her efforts I 'liberated' a timing chain from a cherokee that she pulled all by herself, said she wants to wear it as a necklace! She was as greasy as me by the end of the day. Thanks to her charming personality and her ample busoms, she was also able to 'liberate' a few choice tools from the tool bin!

Just had to come on here and share my excitement. That's all for now.

2. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

hehe, PM'd ya. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

damn I was just there!

Where is the pluck & Pull?

4. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

It's in Oakland, Ca near the Oakland Coliseum. In (what looks to be) the dingiest part of this armpit of a town. Goddamn, Oakland sucks. What more can I say. It's the only pick n pull I've ever checked out because it's the closest to me. Don't seem to be too many four wheelers there, so I was able to pick up the axle, late Sunday, too. I'm sure if it was at the one in San Jose or Windsor, those axles woulda been gone almost as soon as they got there. There was a 3/4 ton GMC that I got my 8 lug conversion parts from with a manual tranny/205. I was about to pull that too, but they were closing soon and I saw that the adapter between the tranny/transfer was broken where the transfer shift lever pivots on it. I figured that if that was busted, the driveline may have seen some hard times. The motor was already pulled and the rear driveshaft was gone, so droppin them woulda been pretty easy, but it would just collect dust in my garage until I figured out what I wanted to do with it. I donno, maybe I shoulda grabbed it. Woulda been $90 for the pair. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

5. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

CRAP, good deal, I live in CV wish I had went. Is it a ball joint 60?

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

No, that would have kingpins.

7. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    She was as greasy as me by the end of the day. Thanks to her charming personality and her ample busoms, she was also able to 'liberate' a few choice tools from the tool bin!

Just had to come on here and share my excitement. That's all for now.

[/ QUOTE ]

These comments are useless without pics!!! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Good score though! Wish we had P&P's around here!

8. Nonesuch

Nonesuch 1/2 ton status

There is one in San Antonio that I have gone to and they never have the 1/2 price weekend or anything close to it. They suck actually. Their prices are high and they hardly ever have any good stuff. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

9. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    It's in Oakland, Ca near the Oakland Coliseum. In (what looks to be) the dingiest part of this armpit of a town. Goddamn, Oakland sucks. What more can I say.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing you just summed it up! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. mo

mo 1/2 ton status

there's quite a few in hayward as well, a pick your part on winton, and a line of like four or five no namers about five minutes away from that one, I'm usually at the oakland one though as it is closest to me also