Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

10bolt >> 14 bolt coversion ? parking brake?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by woody9, Jun 8, 2001.

1. woody9

woody9 1/2 ton status

ok, so i found the axles, got all the poop for the brakes to be 'refreshed'; and now, looking at the parking brake.. or lack there-off.. mine has 2 cables/ long from pass side, short one from drivers side.......... axle has 2 same length....... truck is set for the long/short arrangement.....
    Houston, i think we have a problem here......

who's crossed this bridge before me?

2. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>You need the later backing plates. I dont know the exact year they started but it's in the 14 bolt swap tech article on the main page.</font color=blue>

[image]http://bbs.off-road.com/wwwthreads_uploads/53-288682-mudpit3.jpg[/image]

3. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

this is the company that is providing my e-brake cable... you have to measure the 2 sides, and tell them how the 2 are made, and they'll make you a cable if you can't find a stock on somewhere

562-802-1122

[​IMG] <font color=blue> Jeff </font color=blue> [​IMG]

4. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

I came across the same problem when I put my 14 bolt in a few months ago so everything is still fresh in my head. What I did was actually grind some of the pieces off the cables that the axle came with and adapted the trucks cable to it. I know I'm being extremely vague here but it's hard to explain. I'll try to take a pic of the part I ground off so you can see it. You do have to cut the axles cable off to fit the trucks cable. But it does work and my e-brakes work great now. I'll try to take some pics right now of the part.

<font color=blue>Esteban</font color=blue>

<font color=red>SEMPER FI TO MY BLAZER