Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

10bolt crossover

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by TxK5Blazer, Oct 1, 2003.

1. TxK5Blazer

TxK5Blazer 1/2 ton status

Steve I am looking to purchase a set of knuckles from a member from a dana 44 "the flat top one" a matching set. I want to know what do I need from you and about what the cost would be. ORD has been good to me before and I can't wait to do buisness with them again.....Jason

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Here you go:
    steering arm
    pitman arm
    draglink
    end kit
    install kit
    total: $465

Knuckle machine work is $60.00

Thanks

3. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    end kit

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you talking about the tie rod ends? If so are they the 1-ton Chevy's? Also, can you use the stock draglink ends for crossover or are the tapers and such different between the tie rod ends and draglink ends? Only reason I ask is because I just replaced my stock draglink ends and would like to save some money if I can.

Thanks
    Ross

4. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Yup those are for the ends for the draglink, they're not 1-ton GM's, the GM 1-ton doesn't have a LH and RH end, one side is built into the tie rod. You can use draglink ends but the taper is different and the shank is a lot longer so you can't put a bend in the draglink to clear the crossmember. There have been some problems with the longer shank bending also.
    Those are the problems, the tapers can be changed for a few extra bucks, and you can order a custom draglink but it'll have to be straight.
    If these are problems you can deal with, you can use the ends you have.