Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

11 bolt axles?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by big dan, Mar 31, 2007.

1. big dan

big dan 1/2 ton status Premium Member

not sure if this belongs in here or the lounge but I figure it relates more to the garage.

I was at work earlier and there was a guy that came in to get some gaskets for his axle covers. he was driving an 80 model, one of the years where gm was changing axles so it brought up on the computer that it could have 10b fronts and either a 10b or 12b rear. the guy said its not either one of those so I go outside to look and see. come back in and tell him that hes got 10blts front and rear. he shakes his head no.

so most of you have heard of the elusive 12b front right? well how about 11 bolts front and rear. I told him that if he had 11 bolts front and rear I would buy the gaskets and change them for him. he ended up going to autozone cause we didnt have any 11 bolt diff cover gaskets.:haha:

2. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Sounds like some of my customers. They KNOW they're right even when they don't know anything!

3. MuddinManny

MuddinManny Banned

Dang it! You should have known he needed blinker fluid and muffler bearings too! You're FIRED! :D

4. Kyle Strong

Kyle Strong 1/2 ton status

wow...I totally understand when people make mistakes, and realize they're wrong. But when they are 100% positive they're right, you call them out on it, and they tell you you're wrong, I have no sympathy and just start laughing.

5. big dan

yeah I cant really say much cause the policy is "the customer is always right"

we like to use the phrase "at oreillys the customer is always right, even when they're wrong."

I couldnt help but laugh when he left. I hope he finds his "11 bolt diff cover gaskets" :haha:

6. big dan

yeah his blinker fluid did look a little low but I couldnt stop laughing long enough to tell him.

7. MuddinManny

MuddinManny Banned

:bow: