Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

11 inch lift and 44 inch tires on my blazer?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by wheelin247, Nov 12, 2000.

1. wheelin247

wheelin247 1/2 ton status

do u think that a 11 inch lift (8 inch sus,3 inch body) will be to high for a blazer like it would flip or anything ?

2. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> It all depends how you drive it, I wouldn't do much off camber trail riding with it and wouldn't take to many fast corners while driving on the street, but normal driving wouldn't be too bad........just an aweful high center of gravity is all. I had a truck with a Superlift 12" suspension lift and a 3 " body lift with 40" mudders and I felt like I was going to tip over all the time. Looking back it was a complete waste, I was trying to be one of the bigger trucks around my town......not worth it.</font color=purple>

<font color=purple>L8r,

.Riz.<font color=purple>

<font color=blue>" Deep ?........Is doesn't look that deep. "</font color=blue>

3. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple>Even with all that there was still a guy who had I think 15" springs and 4" body lift with 44" Hawgs ! It was a Ford called the Terminator. He used to get pulled over all the time but never got a ticket, I guess he knew what the laws were because he went to court a few times and they never could find anything in the books to get him with. Riding in that was like walking around on Godzilla's shoulders ! I'm surprised I never got a nose bleed.</font color=purple>

<font color=purple>L8r,

.Riz.<font color=purple>

<font color=blue>" Deep ?........Is doesn't look that deep. "</font color=blue>

4. 88MudBeast

88MudBeast Registered Member

Nothing wrong with a 6 or 8 inch lift. I think 11 is a bit much, but its your car
    Big Jake

5. 1HIHUM

1HIHUM 1/2 ton status

I don't think 11 inches will clear 44's. I'm running that combo with 40's, and while I have decent clearance, I would rub like crazy with 44's on. My truck is a 72. They have slightly better fender clearance. Now if your hacking the sh$t out of your fenders...no prob. As for flipping, it all depends on your driving habits and the type of wheelin your doing. [​IMG]

6. backlash

backlash 1/2 ton status

Jamey,

Looks like a sweet ride! Got any more pics?

7. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

That is beautiful........all I have to say!~!~!~!~!

<font color=black>'79 - 406 TPI -<font color=orange> K5#5 - <font color=blue>See it at---&gt;http://www.blazzinor.coloradok5.com

8. californiak5

californiak5 1/2 ton status

That is a sweeeeeeeeeeet truck.

[​IMG] I have to agree with the Puddy Cat. [​IMG]

9. 1HIHUM

1HIHUM 1/2 ton status

I'll put up a post with some more pics. look for 1hihum pics.[​IMG] And thank for the compliments!

10. grtwhite

grtwhite 1/2 ton status

1hihum
    Niiiiccceee!! Looking forward to seeing more pics of your ride! - Jay