Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

110 MPH with `90 K5

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by River, Feb 15, 2001.

1. River

River 1/2 ton status

Just came back from vacation and did 110 MPH on the german highway. The K5 was rock solid, and didn`t noticed any diference between 80 and 110 litle more noise.

Just wanted to tell.

Greetings from Amsterdam,

River `90 K5, 350, TH700R4, NP241, "32, 3.08, 10 bolt F, 10 Bolt R(GOV-Lock)

2. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

I didn't notice to much different at 110MPH either but once you hit 128MPH in a lifted K5 it will scare the crap out of you! Now make it from Bitburg to Ramstein in 35 minutes and you have a hybrid truck, part plane and part K5. Had my 75 K5 in Germany for 4 years.

David 75K5
    http://www.extremeblazer.com

[​IMG]

3. Itali83

Itali83 1/2 ton status

I've done about 110(I think) in my stock 87 Jimmy. 350 700r-4. It felt great!! Didn't shake or anything, unfortunitly I had to slow right down but I got it up there. I don't know exactly how fast because I ditched the speedo, but I had it almost back around to 5mph before I had to slow down.
    I know how you feel, just going that fast in a truck is cool!

4. Goose

Goose 1/2 ton status

Yikes! That's too much air flow under the vehicle in my opinion. BTW, I know they don't put speed ratings on truck tires, but anybody have an idea what it may be for BFG MTs?? I know they run some big speeds with the BAJA trucks, but how fast??

[​IMG]

5. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

Mine starts breaking up at 80. The wind starts to catch the KCs and the bug shield and its real interesting to keep it going straight, haha.

June 2001 - The Texas Sawz All masacre begins. Be afraid rust, be very afraid. [​IMG]

6. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

...80 mph? What's that?

behemoth K5

7. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

I had the old k20 up to 80 once I think - the mud tires didn't really seem to like it that much.
    With some at's (and probably some new tie rod ends) i bet she could go 100.
    But at's suck, go buy a car (wow, where did that come from :)
    -- Mike

8. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

Mine goes 100 fine with 33's (never had a reason to try for more, that's what sports cars are for), but what about stopping? And what if you hit a subcompact at that speed?

If you ever want to know why your K-5 gets such bad gas mileage, set the cruise for 100 and then switch it off. It feels like you just stomped the brake! Your head practically jumps onto the steering wheel.

Disclaimer1: I'm not suggesting that anyone exceed the speed limit or the speed rating of their tires.
    Disclaimer2: I realize that cruise control is totally unecessary in a lifted 4x4, but just substitute "reach cruising speed and then pull your foot off the gas all at once."

<font color=blue>"We have to take seriously the role in this problem of older men who prey on underage women..." Bill Clinton, 1996.</font color=blue>