Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

12 bolt and the Lock Right

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by SLC11, Apr 18, 2000.

1. SLC11

SLC11 Newbie

Anybody out there using a lock right.I'm thinking of buying one for my own but unsure of the lockers strength.I'm running 31s right now,and the largest tire size I'll go with is 33s.Also if your not using the Lock Right,let me know how you like the locker your using. 350 eng 350 turbo 12 bot 3.73 gears

2. Bigd

Bigd 1/2 ton status

I had a lockrite in my 12 bolt.But i was running 36's and i destroyed the thing.But it was about 4 years old i think.And it was not from a heavy foot.But i think my tires where too much.But i think with 31's or 33's it should be fine the usaully are dependable.

3. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

When I put in my EZ-Locker(like a Lock-Rite, but made by Detroit) I was running 31's, I have since gone to 35's and it hasn't broke, yet. When it does I am going to regear and get a full case Detroit. From my experience I would say 31's are a perfect match. I got mine from Leon Rosser. They have more than Jeep stuff and good prices/service. Jim.

BigJBear '80 GMC

4. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>My freind bill (BillyBob) has a 12 bolt with a lock right, 33s, 350 and an auto and i drove it a few times. I think it works good. On the street it clicks as you go around corners, and when your starting off and turning at the same time, the inside tire chirps, but that's not bad. We'll find out how it is off road on thursday [​IMG]</font color=blue>