Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

12 bolt bearings.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Bigd, Jun 21, 2000.

1. Bigd

Bigd 1/2 ton status

I used too run a 12 bolt with spool,moser axles,double wide wheel bearings that i got from moser.I cleaned out my truck and found the box too these double wide bearings.These bearings where double the width of stock bearings and had seals on both ends.They where very nice.Well just thought I'd get some browny points.The manufacture is green bearing the part number is RP1559HD.Should be able too call any bearing house and get a cross reference.Don't know if they will work in a 10 bolt.

2. Executioner

Executioner 1/2 ton status

Temp. Ft. Walton Beach Fl. home=Tucson, Az.
    Ah, if there is seals on both sides how do they get lubed ?
    Are you sure the bearing surface is really double wide, last time I looked at one the outer cage was wide, but the
    inner rollers were the same as O.E.M.

3. Bigd

Bigd 1/2 ton status

I beleive the inner rollers where almost double width as the ones i pulled off.Not sure but the bearing cage would have too be the same size as the inner rollers or it wouldn'e retain the rollers ah.As for the seals you just pack the bearings with grease like the front.Or just pull out the inner seal and rely on axle oil for lubrication.I left the inner seal in and used high temp bearing grease.witch i believe is better.You would have too repack the bearings every soo often.Not a hard task .

4. Executioner

Executioner 1/2 ton status

Temp. Ft. Walton Beach Fl. home=Tucson, Az.
    Thanks, and your right it anit hard, but its a pain in the Ass to have to pull the axle out and repack the bearing.