Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

12 bolt help

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JDELBLAZ, Nov 3, 2000.

1. JDELBLAZ

JDELBLAZ 1/2 ton status

I just bought a `72 12 bolt rear and I am trying to remove the axle's. The problem is I removed the center pin in the carrier now need input on how to remove the c-clips. I can move the axle in and out once c-clip doesn't move at all and the other just spins. How do they come out? Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

The C clips should just slide off. if you push the axles in so the C clips clear the spider gear they should almost fall out. I had that happen on my old S-10 Blazer. Bye Bye wheel and axle![​IMG][​IMG]
    The clips are actually U shaped and just slide onto a slot on the end of the axle, there is a recess in the end of the spider gear that prevents them from falling out when the cross shaft is in.

Rene

[​IMG]

3. FWP

FWP CRS

Like tRusty said, but rotate the carrier a little. The same thing happened to me when I first had mine apart. I wondered why it didn't slip right off[​IMG], there's only one way they come out with the axle pushed in.

<font color=blue>Maverick</font color=blue> <font color=red>CH 4 or 35</font color=red>