Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

12 bolt Rear

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by cinchjeancowboy, Dec 13, 2003.

1. cinchjeancowboy

cinchjeancowboy Registered Member

I have 3/4 ton axles out in the shop that I was going to install in my 1/2 ton Suburban.. BUT my buddie ran in to money problems and had to sell his 44" boggers that have less the 500 miles on them and less then 3 months old. for less then 1,000 and they are 15". So my question is will a 12 bolt hold a 44 with the right gears IF I DONT BEAT ON THEM. My Suburban mostly going to be used to Advertise my business. I'll play around in the mud a little.I had a race tranny put in and the Motor is strong. I want to help him he is about to lose his house so he is selling it all to pay the back notes..

2. GM Man

GM Man 1/2 ton status

I wouldnt run 44's on a Burb with a 12b, just for the fact that if you break a c-clip and your axle comes out, your going to be in a world of hurt. You could sell the tires here. Good luck.

3. cinchjeancowboy

cinchjeancowboy Registered Member

I would hate to buy these and then be out a $1,000 He has had them for sale for the past 2 months.. I'll think I may pass on the tires

4. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

I shot chunks of my R&P through the cover of the 12b in my Burb....on 32's! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

5. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

why not install the 3/4 ton axles, and buy a set of 15" 8 lug wheels? that should solve your problem. people run 44s on Dana 44s and 10 bolts all the time, and if you're not going to be beating on it, you should be just fine.