Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

12 bolt

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by eightyone, Aug 4, 2004.

1. eightyone

eightyone 1/2 ton status

is there anyway to run a 38 inch tires on a 12 bolt? i was offered quite a bit of money for my built 14 bolt with disks, so i took it. now i need to throw my 12 bolt back in...im thinkin about keepin it there, and maybee doing some stronger shafts? anyone know how to go about this?

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Buy a locker and strong shafts and go /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif I know a guy who runs REAL trails with a 12 bolt and good shafts , and 35 MTR's , places where most think you can only use a 14 bolt . 38's are too big , but if you use new shafts and drive easy it could last . /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. eightyone

eightyone 1/2 ton status

thnaks for the info, has anyone made a 12 bolt full floating? and what size gears do the 12 bolts go up to, im running 4.11 in the front, id liek to match that.

4. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

You can get thick gears for high gear carriers , and normal gears for low gear carriers . GM used these for a long time , alots available . I have seen the warn full float kit before , unsure if it is STILL available . Disc brakes makes it harder to lose the axle with drum and tire attached /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif