Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

12 bolt?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by yellowK20, Jan 29, 2003.

1. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I broke an axle shaft in my K10 last night I was wondering If a shaft form a 10-bolt would be a direct replacement I have a spare 12 bolt 6 lug rear end But its complete and I don't want to tear it apart My buddy has like 4 blown up 10 bolts with good shafts and he said I could have one For 10 bucks (actually he said an 18-pack /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif ) so will it work in my 12 bolt or do i need to pull apart my spare axle ????? /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

2. bigmack

bigmack 1/2 ton status

They are different. I had the same thought before myself. Have you looked around at any junk yards, maybe you can get lucky and find one where you don't have to snatch parts off of a good axle.

3. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

You can use the 12-bolt shaft... you just have to grind about 1/16" off the end where the c-clip attaches.

Take them both out and place them side by side, and you'll see what I mean.

4. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I got a shaft last night from my boss's son he had a set out of his 75 K10 I'm thinking about going to a 14-bolt ff in the near future The problem is is there so damn heavy for what this truck is used for Thanx guys /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif