Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

12" lift questions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by IH82LUZ2FORDS, Nov 6, 2000.

1. IH82LUZ2FORDS

IH82LUZ2FORDS Registered Member

12\" lift questions

Hey everyone, I want to get a 12" suspension lift, I am going to order it from 4wheelparts.com, I was wondering what I am going to have to do to my truck to accomodate that lift? Any tips and suggestions, I don't know much about lifts so any info would help. Thanks everyone.

Rob 88k5

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Re: 12\" lift questions

WOW, 12" is allot!
    You will need to do EVERYTHING! Steering geometry will nee to be reworked, pumpkins twisted up, breaklines, xfercase lowered, linkages to tranie & xfercase, etc..... The list can go on on and on
    Good luck

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    http://www.burt4x4.coloradok5.com

3. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

That is a huge lift.
    You'll need expensive front AND rear driveshafts.
    I assume you want to run 44's. An 88 k5 is not built to handle that. Plan on swapping in two axles, an old NP205, and prolly a new engine while you're at it. 200 horsepower turning 44's is an excercise in patience.
    -- Mike

4. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

There's a guy I know who has a big blazer with I think 10 inches of lift and a body lift too. He had no idea what he was getting into. He put it on himself and drives it around town with no front driveshaft because, I assume, he couldn't afford one after he sprang for the Swampers. It been like that for about 3 years.
    My point is that you need to know what you are getting into. Go slow - can you really afford what it takes to turn a 1/4 ton vehicle into what you want?
    I shudder when I see that blazer...
    -- Mike

5. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple>I don't want to deter you, but I've done a 12" lift before and if you're not into lift kits at all, don't do it ! There is so much stuff to do to it to make it work not to mention make it safe. You'll wind up dropping a small fortune into it to get eveything right. It will be basically useless unless it is just for trailering all the time. Johnny Law will have your number as well. Then, when you finally get sick of it, you'll never get your money back out of it. I'd go with a total of 9" at most with a Blazer. This is just my opinion, but please listen to what I'm saying, I've made these mistakes already for you. If you do go ahead and do it however, please post some pictures.</font color=purple>

<font color=purple>L8r,

.Riz.<font color=purple>