Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

12 rear perch ??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bee32, Jan 22, 2003.

1. bee32

bee32 1/2 ton status

Anyone know for sure the measurements for a first generation 12 bolt leaf spring perches to go into an 83. I measured nine inches from the drum to the inner edge of the perch on my 10 bolt and 9 3/8 on the 12. Has anyone done this before? I did a search and couldn't find anything. I am mostly just looking for someone to verify my measurements. You would figure that an Aviation Structural Machinist could figure it out. Just lookin for some back up.Thanks for any help.

2. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

Should be Bolt in swap.I know they are wider on 88 up.Put 12B under mine for while.Had to run shallow backspace wheels to clear springs on 88. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Highlander

Highlander 1/2 ton status

Ok Bee32
    I Measured mine at 7"3/4 from the flange to the outer edge of the Old pad and I got 6 1/2 to the block that someone put on my 12b This was done before I got the truck it's 83 as well.
    What we think it was, Is a 12b out of a 1st Gen truck and someone put a block on top of the old pad an welded it together I hope this will help you some what.

Eric

4. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

what u have to do is measure the space in between the perches.what i did to make sure my 14 bolt would fit is put a straitedge from the perch down to the ground on either side.then measure the space inbetween them to see if the springs will line up properly without changing the perches.

5. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

You will have to move the perches out.
    1st Gen Blazers (69-72) had leaves that were closer together.
    The same goes for k30's

6. bee32

bee32 1/2 ton status

Thanks for all the input. With all the snow we are getting it's gonna wait a week or two. I am getting the old perches off this weekend. But I appreciate all the help. Thanks Again!