Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

12 string guitar

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Feb 18, 2004.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Anyone selling cheap a decent 12 string? I would trade computer parts too! Got the fever for a minute, and I don't really like anything I can afford on ebay.

not really asking, just starting an "I wish" thread... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. civicstomper

civicstomper 1/2 ton status

Its funny, I just saw one a few days ago that I thought was a really good price. It was an Epiphone, brand new, $109. Its at this place called the Great House of Guitars. And I just noticed that your like 10 hours away from rochester and that might be kind of a long drive for just a guitar. Well, I dont know, try www.musiciansfriend.com, i think thats the site. anyways, good luck finding one, 12 strings are awesome, later
    /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif-pete

3. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I have a couple of guitars for sale but they might fall under the "I wish I had catagory"

Taylor 810 on Ebay

I have a new Larrivee 0M-50 for sale that I have not listed yet $1700.00

4. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

I'm thinking of getting another 12 string myself. Haven't played for years but pick up a guitar once and a while when ever I see one and try playing around with it. I had an Epiphone. Never heard of one being sold new for $109 though. Has to be a cheap copy. I wouldn't drive ten hours to see a cheap copy. /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

5. civicstomper

yeah, thats why it stuck out in my mind. I understand what your saying, it does sound like a cheap copy. but this place is famous for being the best guitar place around. I went into their once, found a nice new classical for $100, talked them down to $50, thats all i had on me.

But back to the 12 string, i played it, it sounded awesome, and it was definitly an epiphone, said it right across the black headstock. Now I thought it was brand new, looked really clean, no fret wear, straight neck, but I guess it is possible that it could be a good condition used. I will try to find out about that. anyways, doesnt matter, i know its a rediculous price, but i should be spending more money on my /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifanyways, 8 guitars is enough for now /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

I agree, a 10 hour drive for a guitar isnt worth it IMO unless its "the white one" (hendrix), or something really nice. My Yamaha FG-312 12 string was $60, I put about $30 into fixing, restringing it, and i think it has an aweome sound now. anyways, good luck finding the right one /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

-pete /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

6. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Funny, I thought I replied to this earlier...

10 hours is a little too long to ride for a guitar... Would you ship it if I sent you cash? I would of course have to come up with cash first...

Yeah, this is pretty much an I-wish thread...

I have a 12-string in my basement that needs some work, but it has some damage on the body, I dunno if it's worth it. The one time I tried to play it, it was hard to played, all warped to heck, so I said screw it. Recent 4-6 inch floods in my basement have me thinking I should go check on it...

7. civicstomper

If it is still there I could ship it to you. I can call them today and ask them, I dont think I'm headin out that way today. But if its still there I would be happy to help.

Now the only thing that might be a problem is that I have never shipped anything before. I know, dumb question, but Do I just go to the post office and they take care of it? Because if its not complicated I wouldn't mind doing it at all. Just want to make sure I dont make a mistake, kind of an important package.

lol, yeah, I dont know if that guitar is going to like 4-6 inches of rain, but I dont know. If the warped neck is your biggest problem then you may be able to fix the intonation by adjusting the truss rod. I dont know much about fixing the body of the guitar. Well, I will call them when I get home from school, then let you know if its still available. talk to u later
    -pete /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

8. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Not that this has anything to do with anything, but I've got a Yamaha FG460 12 string I've had since 71....I have really enjoyed it over the years, and still pick it up about as often as my Martin... /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif