Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

12 Volt Electric Fans?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Hossbaby50, Apr 18, 2003.

1. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I am looking to get a small 12 volt electric fan to mount in front of my trans cooler for those slow trails. I have a stacked plate cooler, but I want to get a 12 volt fan that I can hook up to a switch to turn on and off for cooling.

I am thinking about 5-6" fan. I am looking for something on the cheaper side of things. It doesn't have to be fancy, just get me some extra cooling when I need it. I saw a fan at Radio Shack that was about the right size, but it only moves 85CFM. I know I need more then that, but how much do I really need to move? Any sites with fans like that for sale, and any help is appreciated. Thanks

Harley

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Check on the Summit Racing site. Look under Permacool. I think they're the ones that make a tranny cooler than comes with a small fan attached. Perhaps the fan is also available separately.

The Radio Shack fan is probably designed for cooling computers and won't withstand being under the hood of your truck. If the water doesn't get it, the heat will... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

3. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

CHECK IT!!! not the cheapest, but 800cfm mwill keep you auto from auto destructing...

Chris