Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1210 Miles, 19 Hours

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Dec 11, 2003.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Not much really noteworthy except for all the a**hole truckers that were out yesterday. Quick disclaimer, that's not an indictment against the whole industry, just was surprised that the ratio of a**hole truck drivers out yesterday was the highest that I ever saw it.

Yes, we drove straight through and thankfully the wife was with me since we switched driving duties all night long.

And last but not least, I sure as heck ain't doing that road trip again if I have to go back to OK in a couple of months.........................

2. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

So next time you'll fly?

How's batman doing? Is he off to TX now?

3. marine_enlisted

marine_enlisted 1/2 ton status

I have found that a "show your tits" sign on your window works wonders to keep up the morale on a long road trip, even if you do get the 60 year old flaps everyonce in a while. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    So next time you'll fly?

How's batman doing? Is he off to TX now?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. What happened is that I decided not to take the NM job because the town is a pisshole (I could elaborate further, but I'll wait until later when I'm thinking clearly) and I ended up interviewing at two depts. yesterday in OK before I left.

One dept. might hire me (better pay /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif, less "attitude" /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif), I'll have to call back. The other has a formal process so if I don't get the first job, I'm going to fly back in a couple of months and start the process with the other. I got the feeling yesterday that they really want me, but they have procedures to follow and it wouldn't be fair, since the chief is sweeping out the "dirt"...........

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    I have found that a "show your tits" sign on your window works wonders to keep up the morale on a long road trip, even if you do get the 60 year old flaps everyonce in a while. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, problem was that I was on the road for all night and I don't think the wife would like me unleashing the Stinger on boobs going down I-40. Besides, there were very fews cars out on the road. I don't need to see Billy Bob Trucker's Man Boobs at 3am.............. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

well, you'd be wide awake.. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

Yup. What happened is that I decided not to take the NM job because the town is a pisshole

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that town is a piss hole. REALLY small

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I got the feeling yesterday that they really want me

[/ QUOTE ] Kinda scarry to be said about a Sheriff's dept. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Hope you get the job. Sounds like you wanta move back to OK.

9. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

Yup. What happened is that I decided not to take the NM job because the town is a pisshole

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that town is a piss hole. REALLY small

[/ QUOTE ]

I had my expectations of the town. I come from a small town from up the road so they were not exactly high, but when we rolled in Sunday afternoon, I started cringing. My wife was about ready to tell me to keep driving. I was shocked to say the least.

Then it didn't help matters none when we went to the grocery store and found bare shelves and the head guy there told my wife more about his foot problems than anyone really needs to know about /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Not to mention the guy has a big mouth and gave me some very important information concerning their suppliers......................

Not to mention the town, just the way it's set up is just plain weird and the car starting up with one of it's weird electrical glitches, just in Ft. Sumner and some other weird crap. I felt like I was in one of those Twilight Zone episodes where the outsider comes to town and the town's people are trying to lure him in, and they are all fawking some kind of psycho cannibals.

I was set on the job, but I thought about it after I left and I couldn't even see myself living there. The dept. seemed like it was decent, though the sheriff, who I was suppose to talk to was gone to Silver City for a court hearing................................

10. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

yea if u would have met my family out there you would have ran. haha you may have seen them a white couple with like 9 kids and 1 of them is black

11. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I felt like I was in one of those Twilight Zone episodes

[/ QUOTE ]

Go to Trona CA. sometime. And if you do, what ever happens, don't make direct eye contact with anyone there.... /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

12. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I-40 is a crappy road trip. About a year and a half ago I drove from Colorado Springs down I-25 to I-40 on into California and up Hyw 99 to Sacramento then onto I-5 to Hyw 20. Was like a little over 1900 miles but I did it in 22 1/2 hr's by Myself. I drank enough coffee to stop constipation for life.

13. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

What town Bubba ??? My grandparents live in Hillsboro about an hour from Silvercity and about 35 minutes from T or C western New Mexico is weird

14. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

Hes talking about Ft Sumner NM

15. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Yeah I'd probaly pass on that job to good wheeling over that way but that's about it