Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

$125 38.5 hawgs?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jk3078, Dec 29, 2005.

1. jk3078

jk3078 1/2 ton status

Found a set of 15x38.5x15 blems on "that site". To bad there not 16". O-well i''ll hold out for 38.5 boggers. $125 each is cheap though.

2. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

Can you not grind your calipers down on a 60 to fit a 15" wheel or do you not want to have to buy new wheels because it will burn the deal?

I personally think you should hold out for Swampers, IMO they look better and are a proven all around tire for any terrain.

3. jk3078

jk3078 1/2 ton status

Bolth reasons. I love boggers for mud, just the 37s are getting kinda small now that I've got the 60. JUst givin a shout to any one looking.

4. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

5. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

tpyical vegas kid...:rolleyes:

yeah id wait for swampers, hawgs wear like orin but they also ride like it and arent that great of a tire for much of anything... with enough grooving they're cool, but not worth the effort.

6. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

not starting anything here but have you ever tried them?

I love them and will never own a swamper...

a guy on ps.com... GotSmoke runs a 1997 dodge diesel puttin out 750lb-ft torque.... he has 10" lift and had 35" swampers.... he got stuck in 4wd.... a guy in a bronco pulled him out in 2wd and had 36" hawgs..... after pulling him out the guy ripped through the goo in 2wd.... once the guy got out of the mud GotSmoke looked at both sets of tire.. swampers were caked and the hawgs clean....

so GotSmoke came over to help me put 4.56' and a detroit up front... well he kept on lookin at my new 40" hawgs (38.8 on 16.5x12 rim) and he kept saying they look so nice...

well now he has a set and will never go back to swampers... remember this though..we do ALL mud and trails to get there.... rocks are not my cup of tea and im not bashing it.... so dont know how they do on the rocks.... ok so boggers are better than hawgs in mud however you need a spare set in the bed so when you get to the mud you can replace your freshly worn out tires to some with meat.... hawgs wear like iron and yes the flatspots are bad till they warm up.... however JamesR on fullsizechevy.com came down and he has 35" boggers on a 1997 tahoe and dude those flat spots are 10x worse than mine and his dont come out!!!!!!

comment made by GotSmoke to me after I asked him how he likes the hawgs.....

If you asked me 9 months ago I would have told you I was a hawg hater... now my dodge will not wear a different shoe than a hawg....

lookin for a pic of GotSmoke...
    found a chevy with them...
    [​IMG]

true tires in NJ are tractor tires
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. bigslok5

bigslok5 Registered Member

Just wondering if anyone could PM me with that "site", I would appreciate it. Secret's safe with me!

8. atho

atho 1/2 ton status

I thought hawgs were only available in 15 and 16.5 rim sizes:confused:

9. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

to to there home page, link on the bottom titels buy blem direct.

also i hurd they dont sell borrer blems, that they trash them first, but then again there was two up last week :dunno:

never anything in a 16.5 exsept trXus

10. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

your right only 15 and 16.5s are listed

11. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Funny how tires that used to look big or seemed big enough over time becaome too small. I'm sure most of us had a time when we thought 33's were big. Now 44's don't seem all that big to me.

12. jacksprat1599

jacksprat1599 Registered Member

I have a set of 38.5x15.5x15 hawgs will they fit an 8in wide wheel or do I need 10in wheels?The tread width doesn't seem much wider than my 35X12.5s.

13. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

there site state a 10" tread width, and 10x15 rim, you couldd fit it on a 8 i supose would make it kind of buldge though??

14. primerk5

primerk5 1/2 ton status

ok ok I can understand its a secret but geeze it'd be great if i could at least look at that site so I can druel over the cheap prices, because at the rate i'm going they could sell those tires for 50 bucks. and id still have to pass it up.

15. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

as i stated above go to intercos site at the botom of the home page it says BUY BELM TIRES DIRECT!!!!!!

click that and there you go!!!!!

the link has been posted on this site several times

and incase you missed it from the many other posts about this, i looks like they wont be selling them any more some time soon, as when the page got on pirat it exploaded and they dont want to do it any more, another company will buy ALL the tires and sell them themselves.

so if you want some you better get on it