Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

12blt to 14ff u-joint ?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by baldbandit, Feb 19, 2001.

1. baldbandit

baldbandit 1/2 ton status

Does anyone have the "precision" u-joint part number for this swap? I did a search and found the napa #. I toke it to the local parts house and they couldn't cross it. They pulled a u-joint for a 12blt and 14ff and found one that was supposed to be it, but the caps for the 14ff were too small. I also picked up the straps for the 14 ff and they were to big. Anyone have the precision part # for the straps?

thanks
    baldbandit

2. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

dont scare me like that dude!!! the napa number is 447 and the precision number is 447!! i hadnt checked it till i read that it didnt fit, so i ran out and checked...fit fine.....i didnt check the driveshaft though....

BTW....steve f.----picked up my ff today, the guy said those gears had a real nice pattern and i got a good deal!! thanks man!!!! rob

AIRBORNE!!

3. baldbandit

they gave me a 932 not a 447! They said they didn't have a cross reference for napa. When i go back i will ask to look at a precision 447!

thanks
    baldbandit

4. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

dont get precision strap kit # 360-10.....it fits the yoke, but not the joint...i guess i will be taking this back tommorrow...probably should take the joint with me......let me know what you come up with

AIRBORNE!!

5. baldbandit

yep, that's the joint they gave me also! Didn't fit my yoke! Still trying to get the right joint and strap kit!

baldbandit