Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

13/38-16lt Tsl

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by cegusman, Feb 16, 2005.

1. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

Apr 25, 2001
    Anyone run the 13/38-16LT TSL? Pro's/cons
  2. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

Feb 24, 2000
    I've been running them for a couple of years on a trail only rig, and a good friend also ran a set for a couple years on his trail rig.

Not sure what to say, but I've never regretted buying them. When I did my Dana 60 swap I really didn't want to grind the calipers, and I did not want 16.5's (17's were pretty rare at the time). The 13/38's were about the biggest tire for a 16" you could get at the time and reasonably priced.

They are not a true 38" tall (surprise, surprise) but they were a solid 3" taller than the 35x12.50 MT/R's they replaced.

I'm happy with them on the trail so far, but my friend recently went to 42's so we'll see how well I can keep up. However he has broke every time out since going to 42's (3 trips so far) but never broke anything with the 13/38's.......it's a '78 F-250 w/ 35-spline 60 front, D70 rear, 460, C6, 205, and heavy right foot. I've also had good luck with breakage so far (1-ton K5).

Note: I did buy them used, but in almost new condition, and that setup was top on my list anyway.