Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

13.4 is slow...

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by sled_dog, Nov 19, 2005.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

sorry for the huge picture but my sister's car has been completed for a while now.

[​IMG]

Ran a 13.4 last week at the track with her ex driving. I just took it around the block... 13.4 is slow feeling... I used to think it was really fast but after driving her ex's that is a PIECE but runs 12.8s, I must say 13.4 just feels slow... :haha:

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

13.4 would feel fast to me . I ran in the 15's in my buddies Iroc , felt fast . My last Chevelle felt fast , but was probably a 16 second car .

Hell the wifes Impala ran a best of 17.8 , and it feels fast on the street , at least from 0-speed limit :wink1:

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

My pickup feels fast but that probably runs 17s. Its all relative. I've been in ricers that felt fast for what they were. Just that Mustang no longer feels fast...

4. gauder

gauder Banned

sled_dog, get working on that 69 Firebird in the background.

5. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

thats a bitchin 5.0, what are the stats on it?what year? ive been thinking more and more about getting a notchback to fix up.

6. Shawn

Shawn 1/2 ton status Premium Member Author

I run a 12.8 in my Subaru at 5800 feet. Hoping to hit low 12's this spring.

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

1992 LX. Short shifter(no idea what brand), some aftermarket clutch(yeah I know a lot about this thing, ha), mild cam(yep still know nothing of this either), MSD 6A ignition, coated full length headers, h pipe to flowmaster 40s dumping out before the axle, factory limited slip that grabs nicely, and some cold air intake kit, and computer is tuned up. It really moves for what little is done to it.

All of her friends are Mustang people. Her ex's is a beater that runs 12s and has nitrous but no track runs with it yet. Friend has a Pro Stock drag 5.0. Another has a hatch with a 347 single Turbo motor. Another has a Notchback with a custom built single turbo setup on a 347. They love their Mustangs.

Hopefully it is one of the very next things that rolls into the garage. Plan as of now is, LQ4(GEN III 6.0L engine), 6 speed, 4 link rear, setup to be an all around hot street car with the pro touring look. Thats what I want to do to it. It is Dad's car so its his call in the end. Hopefully he says forget it and just sells it to me :D

8. SUPER'BURB

SUPER'BURB 1/2 ton status

I had a 'cuda that felt fast when it was in the 14's.....
    After the motor tranny and suspension work I about craped myself in my first mid 12 run....But after a while that felt normal too.

9. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

people would be amazed what they can get used to. My truck felt SO fast after driving my saturn forever. I drove the Saturn and felt like it was broken until I realized it didn't have a 350. I have become acclimated to 11 second open air 1/4s before(snowmobiles are SO much fun). Usually took a run or two but before you knew it I was skis up hanging off the side of a sled doing 100 mph.

10. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

Yea, you think "that looks easy" until you try a launch, with your DD, open dif, washboard strip; its damn hard trying to hit the nano-seconds "right-on-the-money". Lots of respect here for the 5 second crowd.

11. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

No chit, my 66 Chevelle felt fast and the best time slip I got was a 13.9

12. steve_kibbe

steve_kibbe 1/2 ton status

I took a spin in my neighbors mustang, it runs 7 flat in the 1/8, fastest thing I've ridden in:D

13. SUPER'BURB

SUPER'BURB 1/2 ton status

That is cooking and it feels even faster on the street.

I can't remeber the 1/8th time but my buddie drives a 9.8 second 1/4 mile camaro on the street occasionaly and that thing is just scary if he hits the gas.

14. Brians89K5

Brians89K5 1/2 ton status

nothing seems fast to me anymore after I bought a street bike. LoL

~Brian

15. DEMON44

DEMON44 Low-Tech Redneck

I sold mine a long time ago....man I miss it.

I always wordered what it'd do in the 1/4.......I never had it to the track.....but on the other hand I never once lost to anything on the street :rolleyes:

16. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Theres a guy here in town with a newer style Chevy Dually, prolly like 05 id guess im not sure. Duramax, with 6 inch exhaust, K&N intake, Edge Power Programmer. Gawd damn that thing is fast. After it was all decked out with that stuff the Allison lasted 2 weeks. Hes got a new allision which was "built" to withstand all the abuse, I thought they were supposed to be about distruckable anyway. He entered it in a burnout contest this summer somewhere and everyone was laughin at him he said, till he was smoking off all 6 tires.

A guy I work with has ridden in it, and said it would of killed his old Mustang Cobra

17. DEMON44

DEMON44 Low-Tech Redneck

The allies are not indestructible like people seem to think they are. I know a guy here in town that runs his '03 d-max mid to low 12 with consistency. he grenaded the allison within the month, and had to have one built up. Now he's just shy of 600hp at the rear wheels with nitrous.

18. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Spy pics from Sled Dog "Skunkworks"
    UndergroundGarage.jpg
    ToecutterChase.jpg

UndergroundGarage.jpg

ToecutterChase.jpg

Last edited: Dec 14, 2006
  19. dhcomp

dhcomp 3/4 ton status Premium Member

I'm curious what we would think is fast if we couldnt' hear everythign going on.

Cause my old blazer with teh tried 350 and good sounding exhaust feels faster than my burb with the vortec 454.

And my Dad's bimmers never feel that fast, until you look down at the speedo.....cause they are silent!

20. GEORGIA GABE

GEORGIA GABE 1/2 ton status