Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

131 Women Set World Record!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by landsmasher, Nov 8, 2002.

1. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Here's what 131 of my favorite girl friends did a couple of weeks ago when they set a world record while raising $443,000 for Breast Cancer Research. It was called "Jump For The Cause" and they had to jump from 18,000 feet using 9 aircraft while breathing oxygen all the way up. Once together they had to hold the formation for 5 seconds to set the Womens World Record Skydive. This was done at my home dropzone in Perris California and I was fortunate enough to witness some of the attemps. One life was lost on the very first attempt but they went on to set the record... By the way this formation is called a "Weed Whacker".

[​IMG]

For more info go to Skydive Perris.

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

very cool /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. gotmud?

gotmud? 1/2 ton status

very cool /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif, but what happened to the one who was killed?

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Very cool, but yikes!!! </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    One life was lost on the very first attempt but they went on to set the record

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

5. landsmasher

There were over 150 women from all over the world there for the one week attempt at the worlds record. On the first attempt which was really just a get in the air together and get aquainted type dive, one of the women had a problem during either the skydive or upon opening of the main parachute. She was seen under her main parachute spinning wildly and looked to be unconcios. This continued untill she impacted the ground. She was found with a faint pulse and died after 15 minutes of CPR. The corenor's report said she died of a burst aeorta. She could have impacted with another diver in freefall which rendered her unconcios or she could have been knocked out by the spinning of her canopy or the sudden opening of her canopy which if hard enough can knock you out. Then impact with the ground could have ruptured her aeorta.

At any rate, big formations are very dangerous and this woman gave her life doing what she wanted to do and loving every minute of it. She also gave her life in an attempt to help others... I applaud her and celebrate her life.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Skydiving is not the safest sport in the world but it is definately one of the most thrilling. Wheeling has it's dangers too but we all try to do it as safely as we can... Oh and they raised $443,000 not $143,000 like I said earlier. Ooops...

6. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

damn...i am glad they raised the money, but any live lost is still terrible. doesn't help i am having my mid-life crisis right now /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

*pours out liquor for the fallen*

7. BigMac

BigMac 1/2 ton status

first time I ever saw skydivers was at the fair.. somewhere near Toledo WA... Some poor guys shoot didnt open. I have never been talked into jumping out of a perfectly good plane cus of that.

8. landsmasher

Wait till you hit 50 and realize that it's no longer the middle of your life! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif But we all gotta go on don't we? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. landsmasher

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I have never been talked into jumping out of a perfectly good plane cus of that.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the only way we can do it and besides, going up in a perfectly BAD airplane is even dumber don't ya think? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    but what happened to the one who was killed?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would think either some type of burial or maybe cremation.

11. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifdude your bad.... /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif