Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14.50 SX on OEM 16.5-8.75 rim?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by tomnits, Sep 11, 2002.

1. tomnits

tomnits Registered Member

I'd like to put a 38/14.50-16.5 SX (or 15/39.5-16.5 TSL's)on a factory 8 bolt 16.5-8.75 rim. It's a K30 D60 front on vehicle, crossover, 50% road/50% offroad use. Anyone see any problems with tire rubbing when cranked or funny tread wear using this combo? No rock climbing in my area.

Thanks
    Tom

2. Toledo

Toledo 1/2 ton status

They would be more likely to have the centers wear out to fast with that combo. I would go with 9.75 wide of you could. Maybe even 12 wide. If your not in rocks then you shouldnt have to worry about keeping a bead. If you do run that rim make sure you dont run high air pressure. Wet a spot in your driveway. Roll over that spot making sure the entire treadwidth is contacting pavement. If it isnt then drop the air pressure until it does.

3. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

The only problem I see with running that combo would be that most OEM wheels have a lot of back spacing which might put the tire into the springs. Tread wear can be adjusted by running the right air pressure to get the correct contact patch. I have 42" TSL's on 8.25" wide rims, but they are 3" back spacing.