Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14 B semi-float Disc conversion?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by GRINCH, Nov 8, 2003.

1. GRINCH

GRINCH 1/2 ton status

Is there anyone out there making a kit? I searched but no luck. AZKickin said there is not enough intrest in them to make it worth his while, I can understand that from a business perspective.

It was a 8 Lug and I'm converting it to a 6 Lug with superior axles.

Before I get ranted on about a 14FF, It's my daily driver and I wanted an e-locker and they don't make it for the FF and no future plans.

Thanks

2. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

3. GRINCH

GRINCH 1/2 ton status

Thanks.
    Yeah the pic is way off..

369.00 with no calipers seems high...

4. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Talk with Az Kickin again after getting some measurements from your SF axle. You can probably make it work with one of their more popular styles by welding the bracket on instead of bolting it on. You will probably have to make some custom items that are just minor stuff really.

5. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

EAton does make ones for the 14bFF.

I was at SEMA the other day, and their rep says they are currently in production. They acutally had one I could play with. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Very cool, looks very stout. I might be able to get a group buy discount, but I would need an order of 12....

6. kumma

kumma 1/2 ton status

i picked up a set of brackets on ebay from this seller id csshm. they bolted up great calipers needed grinding on the 15X8 8 lug us steel wheels i have. they sent me the wrong kit at first but had no problems getting it replaced. im pleased with it so far. check them out. might work for you. i havent got the truck back on the road yet still need work on front axle so i cant say how it stops but ill post later.

i replaced the 10 bolt in my truck because the brakes and seal were shot cost the same to upgrade to disc's as overhaul the 10 bolt.

7. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color="blue">You can buy just the brackets from TSM for a lot less. I remember like 4 years ago someone on here did a SF14 with an ARB and disks (Corey Perez?)