Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14 bff cover

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by joshua632, Jul 23, 2004.

1. joshua632

joshua632 Guest

I just found out yesterday that my neighbor does laser cutting. I though if someone had the measurements or a line drawing of a 14bff cover similar to the one jjlaugher is putting together maybe they could email it to me @ Joshua632@yahoo.com. My neighbor said he could cut it out for me free of charge. Thanks in advance.

2. joshua632

joshua632 Guest

OK, I figured it out I will just buy the gasket and make the template off of that. All I need now is to know how deep to make it.

3. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif thats cool about the neighbor! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif
    Wish my neighbor had some cool tools I could use, esp free...

Ring and back plate are 5/16, outside pieces are 1/4 and 3/8" and I think you can get away with 3" sides... I made mine 4" because thats the size of steel I had. Flip you old cover up and measure from the ground to the top of the flange and add 1/2" or so, should work /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
    or bolt the flange on with a couple bolts, hold the outside palte out where you want it and measure from the bottom of the mounting flange to the top of the outside/back plate /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

4. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

this is one of the reasons i hang out at this site.
    JJ can be making money, and may be, on his diff covers. YET, he still lets others know how to make them for themselves.

Bro, you got a good mind to ya. some day when i have money ill be getting one of your covers. thanks for keeping it real. Kudos /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

now, back on topic.

Grant

5. joshua632

joshua632 Guest

Hey Thanks JJ thats what I needed. How was Badlands. And does anyone want to hit Haspen this weekend?